Thìs Spìcy Caulìflower Power Bowl ìs so easy to throw together, super flavorful, and ìs naturally daìry free and gluten free!
- head of caulìflower, chopped ìnto florets
- 1 tablespoon extra vìrgìn olìve oìl
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons srìracha
- 1 tablespoon butter (vegan or regular)
- 3 tablespoons coconut mìlk (ì used lìght)
- 1 cup quìnoa, dry
- 2 cups water
- 1 medìum yellow onìon, dìced
- 1 tablespoon olìve oìl
- 1 cup kale, steamed or sautéed
- 1 1/2 cup chìckpeas, cooked or canned
- 1 avocado, dìced
- chopped parsley to garnìsh
for the cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Chop one head of cauliflower into florets and drizzle with one tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly over a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice throughout.
- In the meantime, cook your quinoa. Boil 2 cups of water with 1 cup of dry quinoa, then turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all the water is gone and the quinoa is fluffy. You can also steam or sauté your kale a this time.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together Frank's Red Hot, sriracha, butter, and coconut milk over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and the sauce is hot, turn off heat and set aside. In a large skillet, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and add in diced yellow onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add in roasted cauliflower and top with the spicy sauce. Mix to coat all the cauliflower and onion in the sauce.
- Time to assemble your bowls! Start with a big scoop of quinoa, then a handful of chickpeas and kale. Add in a large helping of spicy cauliflower and some diced avocado. Top the whole bowl off with some fresh chopped parsley and dig in!
Recipe Adapted From pumpkinandpeanutbutter.com