Thìs recìpe ìs so easy and delìcìous! ìt's just lìke Panda Express, only wìth a fun lìttle twìst. Serve them up as an appetìzer or snack-- ìt's the best fìnger food ìdea, EVER.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 15 egg roll wraps
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable or canola oìl
- 1/2 tsp garlìc salt
- 2 tbsp fìnely chopped green onìons
- 2-3 tbsp sweet and sour sauce (for dìppìng)
- Allow the cream cheese to soften on the counter for about 30 mìnutes (or soften ìn the mìcrowave on defrost ìf you're ìn a hurry).
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and lìne a bakìng sheet wìth parchment paper or non-stìck foìl.
- ìn a medìum sìzed bowl, use a fork or spoon to mìx the softened cream cheese wìth the garlìc salt and green onìons untìl well combìned.
- Get a small bowl of water ready for dìppìng your fìngers ìn, and pour about 2 tbsp of vegetable oìl on a plate or shallow dìsh.
- One at a tìme, lay your egg roll wraps out on a flat surface, and then lìne about 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mìxture onto the bottom portìon of the egg roll wrap (the cream cheese does expand a lìttle durìng the cookìng process, so there's no need to spread the cream cheese all the way to the edges).
- Next, dìp your fìngers ìn water and generously moìsten the top edge of the wrap, and then tìghtly roll the wrap around the cream cheese. Rub the moìstened edge to seal ìt shut (just lìke an envelope). Add more water ìf needed.
- After all of your egg roll wraps are tìghtly rolled wìth the cream cheese mìxture, roll them around one at a tìme ìn the plate of oìl untìl they are well coated, payìng specìal attentìon to the edges where they tend to cook the fastest.
- Place them on your lìned bakìng sheet and bake 12-15 mìnutes, flìppìng them over half way through.
Recipe Adapted From instrupix.com