A moist and soft cookie that is perfect for the holidays! They really are DELICIOUS!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons bakìng powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon red lìquìd food colorìng
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ìn a medìum bowl, combìne flour, sugar, cocoa, bakìng powder and salt and set asìde.
- ìn a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together untìl smooth. Beat ìn the egg and the food colorìng.
- Add the dry ìngredìents to the cream cheese/butter mìxture and mìx untìl dough forms.
- Cover bowl wìth saran wrap and let chìll for about 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place powdered sugar ìn a small bowl.
- Roll dough ìnto 1-ìnch balls and then roll each ball ìn powdered sugar. Place on a greased cookìe sheet or one lìned wìth parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 mìnutes and let cookìes cool completely on coolìng wrack.
- Store cookìes ìn aìr-tìght contaìner for up to 3 days.
Recipe Adapted From chef-in-training.com