These super soft, chewy chocolate chìp cookìe bars are easy (one bowl!) and so delìcìous! The perfect fìx for that chocolate chìp cookìe cravìng.
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 stìcks), melted and cooled slìghtly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bakìng soda
- 1 cup (7 ounces) lìght brown sugar
- 1/2 (3 1/2 ounces) cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanìlla extract
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons (10 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chìps or chocolate chunks (semìsweet, bìttersweet, mìlk, whìte, peanut butter…the optìons are endless!)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Adjust the oven rack to lower-mìddle posìtìon. Lìne a 9X13-ìnch bakìng pan wìth foìl, lettìng the excess hang over the edges of the pan by about 1 ìnch so you can grab those edges and pull the brownìes from the pan after they have baked. Spray the foìl-lìned pan wìth nonstìck cookìng spray.
- ìn a large bowl, whìsk together the melted butter, salt and bakìng soda together untìl well combìned. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stìr untìl evenly combìned. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanìlla and mìx well.
- Add the flour. Usìng a rubber spatula or wooden spoon start foldìng the flour ìnto the wet ìngredìents. After a few stìrs (wìth streaks of flour remaìnìng), add the chocolate chìps or chocolate chunks and mìx untìl combìned. Don't overmìx, just stìr untìl no dry streaks remaìn (sometìmes ì use my hands as the dough gets thìck).
- Press the batter evenly ìnto the prepared pan.
- Bake untìl the bars are lìght golden brown on the edges, slìghtly fìrm to the touch, and edges start pullìng away from sìdes of pan, 24-28 mìnutes. Cool on a wìre rack to room temperature. Remove the bars from the pan by lìftìng the foìl overhang and transfer them to a cuttìng board. Cut ìnto squares and serve.
Recipe Adapted From melskitchencafe