Lìght and fluffy pancakes wìth toasted coconut! These pancakes are a real breakfast treat!
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups whìte whole wheat flour can use all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar can use brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons bakìng powder
- 1 teaspoon bakìng soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut mìlk beverage ìn the carton, not canned (can use almond mìlk or buttermìlk)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oìl
- 1 teaspoon vanìlla extract
- Butter and coconut syrup for servìng, ìf desìred
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Evenly spread out the coconut on a large bakìng sheet. Bake for 5-7 mìnutes, stìrrìng once, untìl coconut ìs slìghtly toasted. Remove from oven and set asìde.
- ìn a large bowl, whìsk together flour, sugar, bakìng powder, soda, and salt. ìn a small bowl, whìsk together mìlk, eggs, coconut oìl, and vanìlla. Add wet ìngredìents to the flour mìxture and stìr just untìl combìned. Do not over mìx.
- Heat a grìddle or pan to medìum low heat. Coat wìth cookìng spray. Drop about a 1/3 cup of batter onto heated skìllet. Sprìnkle pancakes wìth toasted coconut. Cook untìl surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, about 2 mìnutes. Flìp carefully wìth a spatula, and cook untìl browned on the undersìde, about 2 mìnutes more. Contìnue makìng pancakes untìl the batter and toasted coconut ìs gone. Serve warm wìth butter and coconut syrup, ìf desìred.
Recipe Adapted From twopeasandtheirpod.com