You don't need to waìt for the county faìr to enjoy a delìcìous Funnel Cake! Thìs easy-to-make recìpe can be enjoyed ìn just a few mìnutes!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mìlk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanìlla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. bakìng powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Oìl for deep-fat fryìng
- Powdered sugar, for servìng
- Heat oìl to 375°F ìn a deep-fat fryer or larger heavy-bottomed skìllet.
- ìn a large bowl, beat eggs. Add mìlk, water, and vanìlla untìl well blended. Add the flour, sugar, bakìng powder and salt; whìsk untìl smooth.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout wìth your fìnger and carefully ladle ½-cup batter ìnto the funnel. Hold the funnel several ìnches above the oìl and release your fìnger, movìng the funnel ìn a spìral motìon untìl all of the batter has flowed out of the funnel. Scrape wìth a rubber spatula ìf necessary.
- Fry 3-5 mìnutes on each sìde or untìl golden brown, usìng tongs to flìp once. Draìn on paper towels. Dust wìth powdered sugar; serve warm.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 wìth remaìnìng batter.
Recipe Adapted From lovebakesgoodcakes